How to deal with my newborn baby September 8, 2018 – Posted in: General
Do you ever panic about how to take care of your newborn baby?
Have you ever thought “what does my child need to stay calm and comfortable?”
Here are some basic things you can do to guarantee a good health for your newborn:
The importance of natural breastfeeding:
Breast milk is considered the best nutrition. Because it reassures the relationship between the mother and her child, especially because breastfeeding is beneficial for both the mother and the baby in many ways.
Nowadays doctors advise that because breast milk contains a semi-perfect mix of vitamins, proteins, fats and everything the baby needs for growth. In addition to that, breastmilk contains antibacterial substances that help the baby fight viruses and germs as well as decreases the dangers of Asthma and allergies.
Also, babies that breastfeed for the first six months of their lives show less ability to get ear infections, respiratory diseases and severe diarrhea.
Frequent clothing and diapers change:
changing clothes and diapers frequently is a big must from day one so that the baby’s skin remains healthy, and so that the baby feels comfortable.
It is better to make sure that the diaper is made of good absorbent materials so that the skin doesn’t get affected by the urine. Plus, it should be easy to move in.
To treat your baby’s skin infection caused by diapers here’s what you should do:
- The baby’s diaper should always be clean and dry, and you should use some type of lining that remains dry.
- Expose the baby’s bottom part to air and sun when the weather is warm and sunny.
- Stay away from clothing that contains polyester.
You should visit the doctor when one of these signs appears:
The lack of feeding or movement, the decrease or increase of fever, constant crying, yellowing, Bluing, abnormal movement, shortness of breath, diarrhea, bladder or bellybutton bleeding, pale looks, coughing, vomiting, cramps and constipation.
Other important advices for the mother and baby to keep in mind:
- Taking good of the bellybutton and wiping it with alcohol. In addition to wrapping the umbilical cord with sanitized gauze.
- Remembering the dates of vaccines.
- Putting down an appropriate feeding schedule for the baby because he needs to breastfeed every two to three hours.
- Not to worry if any of the following signs appear: yawning, breast swelling sneezing, flexing the knees and joints, vaginal excretions for females.
- Babies don’t sleep when they are tired so u should look for signs for his tiresome and need for the bed.
- Teaching the baby soothing technics like gentle massage using his special lotion.
- Caution from germs, meaning protecting him from serious diseases. You can protect him by washing your hands very well with soap before holding him.
In the end, we have explained briefly the most important steps that should be taken in the relationship between a mother and her newborn baby. We will be explaining the details about the day to day life of the baby, his clothing, movements, and needs for a lifetime happiness in future articles.
With our dearest wishes for a happy and healthy life for both you and your baby.